First off, thanks to everyone who’s been contributing — whether once, occasionally, or always!
Second, as always, I am happy to accommodate pose suggestions if anyone has favorite and/or hated poses. I am also open to suggesting additional pose options if those in the quick intro here don’t work for you. Let me know via comment or email.
Third, unless there are strong objections, I’m asking for the next round of submissions to be of plank pose:
It’s maybe one of the first big “strength” poses we’ve done. It’s also one where I know a lot of people who modify at least some of the time — me included. So for this one, I’d like to encourage folks to submit:
- One photo if there’s one “main” version of plank that you do.
- Two photos if you alternate between versions of plank.
- One photo if technical issues or time constraints dictate that, regardless of what you actually do in your practice.
- Two photos if you happen to feel like it, even if you take one variation most of the time.
So. Quick primers on plank:
[Maryam instructing for GeoBeats. Video via YouTube.]
The most common modification I know of is to hold it with knees on the floor:
[Maria S. Scally instructing for GroovySweat. Video via YouTube.]
Additional modifications include performing it on forearms, using a chair, or using a wall.
- Email me your pic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload it to the venue of your choice and comment here or email me with the link.
Submission deadline on this one is August 30, 2012.
EDIT: Submission deadline on hold for this one as the deadline for uttanasana is now extended until August 30. If you’ve already submitted a plank pic though, it’s fine; I’ll just hold it until the September 16 post, if that’s okay with you.