Again, cross posted from my Tumblr.
Day 28 – Write a letter to someone. It can be a coming out letter or a letter regarding how you hate their homophobia or whatnot. You don’t have to send it.
Dear Everyone Who Needs to Read This,
- It is my bedroom (or living room, or kitchen table, or backseat of car, or daydreaming fantasies or whatever). If I want you there, I will invite you. If you’re not invited, it is none of your business.
- Queer — as in, anyone who does not fit the heteronormative assumption — people exist. You know some, whether you know they’re queer or not. You likely interact with them every day. Kindly remove your head from your ass, recognize this, and get over it.
- People who are attracted to a range of gender expressions and sexual orientations — for instance, including but not limited to people who identify as bisexual — are not innately hornier, less committed, with “lower” sex standards, less honest, or “sluttier” than anyone else.
- Aside from “less honest,” none of the above are personality flaws.
- Did you miss the part where it is not your business?
- If there is a G/god who disapproves of my sex life, well, there may also be a G/god who disapproves of you being a judgmental douchecanoe. Personally, at the final reckoning, I know which I’d rather answer for.
PS — Contrary to what you might fear, none of this is actually a subtle come-on to you. Anyone who objects to a pretty visceral part of my being? I find irreparably unattractive.