The meme is simple; name six fictional characters in whom you could see yourself, and explain why you were able to do so. Mine:
1) Anne Shirley: — Of the Anne of Green Gables series. For her imagination, which I had in abundance in my adolescence and for her temper, which I retain to this day. Also, I’ve always admired the way Anne competes for academic scholarships with Gilbert and even prioritizes her education ahead of marrying him.
2) Alanna of Trebond: — Of the Song of the Lioness Quartet. Again, for a strong sense of independence, prioritizing her career goals ahead of gender norms (and even laws) and expected marriage (even royal marriage).
3) Hermione Granger:, even if she’d never become hot like Emma Watson. 😉 There is something to be said for being unapologetically intellectual and clever, particularly if one is using that for good things in life (even if those good things aren’t so flashy as defeating Voldemort and stuff).
4) Iago: — If I were a villain, I’d do it this way. Only, I’d get away with it, I’m sure. (Okay, I totally wouldn’t, but I appreciate the fantasy and sometime catharsis that is thinking I could be so self-serving and manipulative.)
5) Peter Hatcher: — From Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and Superfudge. I know I’m weird, but sometimes I still feel like the only normal one in my family.
6) C3PO: If you’ve ever planned a major event (moving, long trip, family meal, etc.) with me, you’d get the comparison. But hey, at least I’m not an Ewok.