The purpose of Everyday Yoga is to increase the body diversity in pictures of yoga poses. Yoga is for all bodies regardless of size, shape, or flexibility — and it’s good to have visual reminders of that.
How This All Got Started:
- Everyday Yoga — Introducing the idea and explaining my reasoning behind it in more depth.
- How Does This Thing Work? — The nitty gritty details on time lines, submission methods, photo ownership, and commenting policy.
- Centering Seat — July 1, 2012
- Upward Salute — July 16, 2012
- Ardha Uttanasana — July 31, 2012
- Uttanasana — August 31, 2012
- Plank — September 16, 2012
- Cobra — October 1, 2012
Calls for Submissions, Past & Present:
- Centering Seat — Through June 30, 2012.
- Upward Salute — Through July 15, 2012.
- Ardha Uttanasana — Through July 30, 2012.
- Uttanasana — Through August 30, 2012.
- Plank — Through September 15, 2012.
- Cobra — Through September 30, 2012.
- Downward Facing Dog — Through October 15, 2012.
Finally, a couple of notes on images and commenting.
Policy on Images: While you’re welcome to link to Everyday Yoga posts, the images inside the posts remain the property of their owners. Please don’t download, direct link, or copy these images without their explicit permission. My permission is not enough because these images, save for the ones of me, aren’t mine to give.
- Please no body policing.
- Similarly, this is not the forum to critique anyone else’s pose unless a person specifically requests help.
- It is, however, totally okay to request help or input about an issue you’ve been having with a pose — keeping in mind that the comments here do not constitute professional advice.
- I moderate all comments on my blog anyway, but I reserve the right to block comments that disregard the above guidelines or are otherwise ill-intentioned or abusive.